Ray Dalio has founded Bridgewater Associates in 1975. Since 2005, it is considered one of the world’s largest hedge funds. As of 2022 his hedge fund has 105 clients with over $223 billion in total assets under management (AUM).
Ray Dalio is currently ranked the 36th richest person in the world according to Forbes with a net worth of approximately $20 billion.
Bridgewater’s Pure Alpha strategy has generated approximately 12% in annualized returns since its founding in December 1991.
Below is the current Ray Dalio portfolio in 2022. This is a breakdown of his Bridgewater Associates Holdings portfolio top 25 positions of capital allocations from his fund’s 13F filings as of the 4th quarter after his 2022 update of positions held as of December 31, 2021.
Please note that positions under the top 25 of capital in his portfolio are not listed here. Top 10 holdings are a concentration of 35.59% of assets under management.
This is Ray Dalio’s portfolio sector allocations going into 2022 based on individual stock holdings:
Consumer Staples 25.77%
Consumer Discretionary 17.05%
Communication Services 4.93%
Information Technology 2.25%
Real Estate 0.31%
Below are the top 25 Bridgewater Associates holdings in this primary portfolio with $17,202,270,000 in invested securities under management as of the beginning of 2022:
- SPY FINANCE 5.20%
- PG CONSUMER STAPLES 4.93%
- VWO FINANCE 4.83%
- PEP CONSUMER STAPLES 3.08%
- JNJ HEALTH CARE 3.08%
- COST CONSUMER STAPLES 3.02%
- KO CONSUMER STAPLES 2.99%
- BABA COMMUNICATIONS 2.95%
- IEMG FINANCE 2.89%
- MCD CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 2.61%
- EEM FINANCE 2.53%
- IVV FINANCE 2.42%
- WMT CONSUMER STAPLES 2.38%
- GLD MATERIALS 2.27%
- ABT HEALTH CARE 1.79%
- SBUX CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 1.74%
- TGT CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 1.41%
- EL CONSUMER STAPLES 1.10%
- JD CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 1.08%
- CL CONSUMER STAPLES 0.94%
- PDD CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 0.90%
- ISRG HEALTH CARE 0.84%
- LQD FINANCE 0.74%
- IAU MATERIALS 0.74%
- DG CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 0.67%